Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Milei: “I have a clean ass, I don't need the Court to save me, that's why I can make the reforms” - Infobae

All the Answers

Milei: “I have a clean ass, I don't need the Court to save me, that's why I can make the reforms” - Infobae​

1714651360060.png

Source:

May 01, 2024

The President defended the nomination of Ariel Lijo to the highest court. “If one of my officials commits an act of corruption, I will kick his ass,” he promised.

President Javier Milei defended this Wednesday the nomination of federal judge Ariel Lijo to the Supreme Court . As he explained, he is a magistrate who knows like no other candidate how the judicial system works and that is fundamental for the reform that he intends to promote.

“My only interest is that the Court rules in accordance with the principles of the National Constitution, I do not need an addicted Court,” he stated in dialogue with journalists Luis Majul and Esteban Trebucq on El Observador radio.

And he developed: “ I have a clean ass, I don't need the Court to come save me, that's why I can make the reforms I'm making .”

In that context, he said that it is obvious that he did not come to the Government to “joke” because it is not in its essence. And he promised: “ If any of my officials commit an act of corruption, I will kick their ass .”

Mieli assured that once his mandate is complete he will return to the plain: “I am not still in politics, my intention is to go live in the middle of the countryside, where no one sees me, I don't want to know anything about anything anymore, I am going with my dogs and I will live by giving talks.”

1714651475199.png
Amid support and criticism of Lijo's election, both in the political and judicial spheres, the President assured that he sees it as something positive when an error is pointed out and he uses it to correct himself.

“One day at the show you were doing with Pablo Rossi,” he told Majul, “he made a well-founded criticism and he was shaking me, and the next day we were correcting him. I have no problems with criticism ”, He stated.

He even used a soccer example to illustrate it: “Boca goes to a penalty shootout, Battaglia misses, but Boca wins. A journalist marks it for him. Battaglia, with wisdom, tells him 'those who kick are wrong'. The type he makes is exposed to making mistakes, mistakes are part of life. If I told you that we were not going to be wrong, he would be an idiot the size of the Universe. The issue is what do you do with the error. We have seen other governments that persisted in covering up the error. When we make a mistake, we correct it . We screw up, we correct it.”

In any case, this acceptance of the error is not going to make him less bellicose: “You give me a well-founded criticism and it works for me, you help me. I am going to continue fighting every day if you lie, construct the straw man fallacy, or the criticism is intellectually dishonest. I pass those with a bulldozer , I have every right to defend myself.”

In mid-April, Lijo's candidacy received strong support from judges and prosecutors throughout the country through endorsements that are presented to the Ministry of Justice and are part of the process of appointing a judge of the Court.

Among those who expressed their support for the judge's candidacy are prominent judges and prosecutors such as María Servini , head of the Federal Criminal and Correctional Court No. 1, María Eugenia Capuchetti , head of the Federal Criminal and Correctional Court No. 5, Zunilda Niremperger , head of the Federal Resistance Court No. 1, Karina Perilli , head of the Oral Economic Criminal Court No. 3, María Verónica Skanata , head of the Federal Criminal and Correctional Court of Posadas-Misiones, Victoria Pérez Tognola , judge of the Federal Chamber of Social Security, María Paula Marisi , of the Federal Oral Criminal Court No. 1 of Mendoza, María Alejandra Mángano , prosecutor of the Attorney General's Office, Silvia Ruth Cavallo , prosecutor before the Federal Court of Quilmes, Mirta Delia Tyden , president of the Federal Court of Appeals of Posadas-Misiones, Sabrina Namer , judge of the Federal Criminal Oral Court No. 8, among others.

The judges praised the career, training, seriousness and moral and personal qualities of Judge Ariel Lijo, proposed to occupy the available place on the highest court.

A few days before, the emblematic Federal Criminal Chamber of the Capital had also given its support to the nomination. Later, he added the support of the magistrates of the Economic Criminal jurisdiction, who highlighted the “track record, training, seriousness and moral and personal qualities” to occupy the available place in the highest court. The Union of Judicial Employees of the Nation spoke in the same way .

Back