Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Education Lincoln School Buenos Aires Argentina

Antoni 23

Hi everyone! Just wondering whether anyone has experience teaching at the Lincoln School in Buenos Aires? Is it true that it pays the highest teaching salaries in Argentina? Do you enjoy teaching there? What was your savings potential? Tax rate? How was your workload and work-life balance? I'm a 27 year old Australian with three years of teaching experience. I'm fluent in Spanish. I lived in Buenos Aires for a year in 2017.

I don't know that it's the highest paying school in Argentina, but it seems likely. It is a solid salary with good savings potential. You don't pay taxes. Feel free to pm me with other questions :)

It is the highest paid school in Argentina and maybe highest paid international school in South America. The school will tell you your salary after it pays the taxes for you. So your salary is quoted in USD and that’s your take home. Savings rate? Depends on lifestyle but I’d say about half your salary as a single and one full salary as a couple with kids. This being said the cost of life here is rapidly rising and a month’s expenses is now double what it was a few months ago.

The school is a different thing… first of all two new principals coming in next year. A lot of concerns went to HR about two of the 3 current principals. So times are changing. We will see how things change. The big issue at school is around pay as locals are paid in pesos and the pay gap between locals and expats is huge. This leads to issues. Locals are having trouble making ends meet from month to month.

The workload is doable and the work life balance is great. It is not a great place for a young or new teacher as there are no supports in place for them from admin. Being a Spanish speaker will help you.

It is the highest paid school in Argentina and maybe highest paid international school in South America. The school will tell you your salary after it pays the taxes for you. So your salary is quoted in USD and that’s your take home. Savings rate? Depends on lifestyle but I’d say about half your salary as a single and one full salary as a couple with kids. This being said the cost of life here is rapidly rising and a month’s expenses is now double what it was a few months ago.

The school is a different thing… first of all two new principals coming in next year. A lot of concerns went to HR about two of the 3 current principals. So times are changing. We will see how things change. The big issue at school is around pay as locals are paid in pesos and the pay gap between locals and expats is huge. This leads to issues. Locals are having trouble making ends meet from month to month.

The workload is doable and the work life balance is great. It is not a great place for a young or new teacher as there are no supports in place for them from admin. Being a Spanish speaker will help you.
This is great info. Thanks for sharing. I have some friends from Argentina that were teachers but they left to go teach in Spain and are much happier there. Of course they had Spanish passports.

Thanks for the info. Just curious. What are the student/teacher ratios like there?

Does anyone know what the salaries are for teachers at the Lincoln School? I imagine salaries vary based on experience but what are they paying starting teachers there?

Back