Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Javier Milei Ended a DC-Sized Deficit in...Nine Weeks

Digital Nomad

I wish we had someone like Javier Milei in the USA Presidency. He could sure teach them a thing or two about balancing our budget. Classrooms and governments the world over will be talking about Milei in the future.

President Milei is trying to make changes very quickly. He likely realizes that locals will likely run out of patience in the next few months. Things will either end of successful or he will be kicked out of office or will be forced to resign by this time next year. Time will tell if he was successful. It is difficult to tell right now.

I wish we had someone like Javier Milei in the USA Presidency. He could sure teach them a thing or two about balancing our budget. Classrooms and governments the world over will be talking about Milei in the future.

Don't be so quick to pat Milei on the back. 1/3 of those spending cuts was by refusing to adjust for inflation. I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy if you are retired and the Social Security Administration doesn't give you adjustment for Cost of living Adjustment!

People have to keep things in perspective. Milei has only been in office 3 months. Peronistas have been the ruling party in Argentina for the majority of the past 3 decades. They are to blame for the horrible condition of Argentina. Time will tell if he is/was successful.

People have to keep things in perspective. Milei has only been in office 3 months. Peronistas have been the ruling party in Argentina for the majority of the past 3 decades. They are to blame for the horrible condition of Argentina. Time will tell if he is/was successful.
One could argue that the Peronists ruined Argentina over many decades. Milei is going to do it all over a few months! My prediction is probably riots in the streets within a few months time.

One could argue that the Peronists ruined Argentina over many decades. Milei is going to do it all over a few months! My prediction is probably riots in the streets within a few months time.
You could very well be correct. Reading between the lines you can see the USA Embassy and Ambassador and also the IMF are publicly warning that the Milei administration needs to have more thought about the poor and vulnerable it is most likely forecasting riots and looting. They can state later that they warned Milei administration that they were taking things too far.

You know sure as sh*t that the IMF does not care about Argentina's poor. They never have and they never will. They are warning because they can forecast the doom and gloom that may be coming.

The IMF is a plague on Argentina. They don't care about suffering of poor. They only want to control Argentina. I can't see Milei finishing his term in office. Watch and you will start to see more riots and protesting soon. It is inevitable.

Back