Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Is Milei the new president?

I think it's perfectly fine to compare/contract and use Presidents/leaders in other countries. It's normal or natural. It's fine for each to have their Side if they don't just say, "he's the devil like Trump". Be substantive and explain what you mean? What policies you don't like. It's great to debate and it's great that we all don't agree. As long as we are respectful that's what matters. See, I think the world would be a VERY different place if everyone loved the same things, foods, sexual orientation, etc. We will always have to learn to disagree. It's healthy.

Some of us thing Argentina needs a change. Some of you think the status quo will magically make things different. It ain't happening people. If you think so, you truly don't know Argentina.

No one is saying Milei is a magic cure. Probably not but we have to go through a process of elimination to see if it works or not. It's not different with a company/business or relationship/marriage. You can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. When something doesn't work you go through a realistic process of elimination and then see what works. When you see what works, you keep doing it and other things like it. You through gas on the fire and then you scale that.

When I start a new business the first thing I do is I gather around the employees and I go over a Powerpoint slide of what I believe should be the culture with the company. I think Milei should do a similar approach with his Cabinet and Economic team.

Something like this:
MOTTO

“Pursue something so important
 that even if you fail, the world is
 better with you having tried.”

"Find how to Fix Argentina. Let's do it as quick as we can".

"Mission Drive, metrics obsessed"

"It is an opinion until we have metrics to prove it"

"Our team is our key to success"

MASTERY

"Only people who are striving for mastery and LOVE Argentina and want to see it fixed are on our team"

AUTONOMY

"Our Success is up to us and we have the full freedom to get it"

"We must always be innovating"

ITERATE FAST AND CHEAP

"Try anything and everything. let's do it fast and cheap. Failure is expected on the way to success"

"Deliver quality work that we are proud of"

MAKE ARGENTINA GREAT AGAIN -DO IT FOR THE PEOPLE

"It's real Argentines we are helping. Not just ID #'s in a database somewhere"

DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT

"We do these things as soon as possible then iterate to perfection"

Focus is our Key

"We do these things really well - be proud of what we do and especially what we do NOT do"

Do the Right Thing

"We are in this for the long haul - quality experience is the only way to win"
Is milei the new president the mad scientist can only produce riots in the streets. cant wait. sorry but i like a good protest.

Hi everyone! Apologies if this isn t the right place for this kind of theread

i m not a parent, but rather a freelance writer based in Buenos Aires who is looking to profile parents who moved from he United States to Buenos Aires sometime in the last few years and have experience looking for schools for their children. I also hope that may be able to serve as a place for parents to offer advice and insight regarding the various considerations to keep in mind. From what i understand, some of these factors include:
  • Very limited and expensive/competitive options for schools that adhere to a Northern Hemisphere schedule, for students who plna on reintegrating to the United States or European school schedule.
  • Reputation among some private schools as being elitst, styffy, overly, religious, ect. yet are still considered the best option expat parents given endemic issues affictinf the public school system. Not to mention, of course, that many expat aprents will be looking for a bilingiual school, many (though not all) of which are private.
  • Any expat families that opted to homeschool their children? Is this recommended, and if so, why?
Please feel free to bring up additional points, of course, anda recommend specific schools with which you have had positive experiences. And also feel free to message me privately if you are interested in setting up an interview or something of that sort. Hopefully this can serve as a helpful resource for folks.

Speak for yourself. There are a LOT of younger crowd on this forum. Not all of us are Medicaid/Medicare eligible like you are. LOTS of younger crowd that I rent my places to. In fact, I just rented to someone on BAExpats and rented my apartment for 2 years. They are very young as are probably the majority of people on here now. Lots of the old timer BA Expats crowd have left Argentina. They couldn't hack it here.

I have a 7 year old and we considered moving to BA with them. I also have a middle schooler and a high school student. The only reason we didn't move is my daughter plays competitive tennis and she made the Varsity tennis team as a freshman. So moving would disrupt her life. I will do it once my two older kids are out of high school. Now, I just commute back and forth for work.

There are elite schools like Lincoln School which I'd never send my kids to. But there are also some great schools that people have posted about in the past. You can do a search and see the names. My friends all have young kids and they go to private schools that are half the day in English. Their kids are all fluent in Spanish. It's something crazy cheap now with Blue dollar rates. I think like $400 US per month per kid which is dirt cheap.

Good luck!

PS I'd NEVER recommend or advocate home schooling. Almost ALL the kids I know that were home schooled have something wrong with them. They don't have social skills as they never were around other kids. Just not a good idea, IMHO.
Maybe this crowd is too old for you..... good luck

Back