Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

i have one, but not in palermo, because my mail wasn't reaching my home adress. my mail doesnt get to the p.o. box either...

i have one, but not in palermo, because my mail wasn't reaching my home adress. my mail doesnt get to the p.o. box either...
The mail system in Buenos Aires is HORRIBLE. Half the time I never got things sent to me via regular mail. The only way was if they sent it via a trackable source like Fed Ex, UPS or Priority mail with delivery confirmation from the USA was pretty good.

But several times when I had things mailed regular mail it took months in some cases to get.

The best thing I found was using something like www.virtualpostmail.com and even having things sent to the USA, they would scan and email me all my mail and then anything important I'd have them send me either via Fed Ex or USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and I'd always have it within 7 to 10 days.

The mail system in Buenos Aires is HORRIBLE. Half the time I never got things sent to me via regular mail. The only way was if they sent it via a trackable source like Fed Ex, UPS or Priority mail with delivery confirmation from the USA was pretty good.

But several times when I had things mailed regular mail it took months in some cases to get.

The best thing I found was using something like www.virtualpostmail.com and even having things sent to the USA, they would scan and email me all my mail and then anything important I'd have them send me either via Fed Ex or USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and I'd always have it within 7 to 10 days.
Hi,

does this " virtualpost.com" work well or they try to scam u every time a mail comes?

I am looking for something like this in US and contemplating whether to give a friend's address ( and take a favor) or use this kind of facility.

It works VERY well. I've been with them since they started. They are VERY dependable. They don't scam you at all because you pay a fixed price per month and you can pick what you want scanned so if you get junk mail you can just have it trashed and it won't count against your total you get each month.

It's great as you can also get checks sent there if you have a need for that and they can deposit it into most major banks (if you're American and have a major bank).

I also like the fact that you can make a special designation for example if your mail box # is 1234. You can put for any special mail 1234N and whatever has an N on it will automatically scan so you don't need to request it.

I don't get too much snail mail but I do have some banking and important stuff that needs a physical address and didn't want to trouble my family or friends with it. It's not too expensive and well worth it if you're on the go or an Expat living in another country.

I've found them totally reliable and ethical and dependable.

If you're on the go a lot like me and traveling around in different countries, it's great because you always have a set address that you can use. Also, if you get packages or stuff from Amazon.com they can forward it to whatever address you want. So for example, even while I was living in Buenos Aires if I'd happen to be going to New York City or London on business, I'd just have them forward my package via fed ex to my hotel where I was at. They never failed me.

Highly recommended if you're on the go all the time.

It works VERY well. I've been with them since they started. They are VERY dependable. They don't scam you at all because you pay a fixed price per month and you can pick what you want scanned so if you get junk mail you can just have it trashed and it won't count against your total you get each month.

It's great as you can also get checks sent there if you have a need for that and they can deposit it into most major banks (if you're American and have a major bank).

I also like the fact that you can make a special designation for example if your mail box # is 1234. You can put for any special mail 1234N and whatever has an N on it will automatically scan so you don't need to request it.

I don't get too much snail mail but I do have some banking and important stuff that needs a physical address and didn't want to trouble my family or friends with it. It's not too expensive and well worth it if you're on the go or an Expat living in another country.

I've found them totally reliable and ethical and dependable.

If you're on the go a lot like me and traveling around in different countries, it's great because you always have a set address that you can use. Also, if you get packages or stuff from Amazon.com they can forward it to whatever address you want. So for example, even while I was living in Buenos Aires if I'd happen to be going to New York City or London on business, I'd just have them forward my package via fed ex to my hotel where I was at. They never failed me.

Highly recommended if you're on the go all the time.
Their website says, they use only USPS to send packages overseas. I prefer to Fedex

Can I get my package picked up by Fedex from them ( no trouble to them!)?

Yes, I do use Amazon helluva LOT!

Yes, my banks in US would need a proper address with no mail being refused.

I dont think its fair to trouble friends. And then expecting them to sca the mail for u!

Their website says, they use only USPS to send packages overseas. I prefer to Fedex

Can I get my package picked up by Fedex from them ( no trouble to them!)?

Yes, I do use Amazon helluva LOT!

Yes, my banks in US would need a proper address with no mail being refused.

I dont think its fair to trouble friends. And then expecting them to sca the mail for u!
Yep...they will UPS or Fed Ex upon request. Once you sign up, they give you an email address and they have always been really great responding. Anytime I am traveling, I'd just have them fed ex my stuff and mail to whatever hotel I was in.

They will send it how you want and then send you a tracking #. All very organized. Like you, I use Amazon.com for almost EVERYTHING. If you get the Prime, as you probably know you can get most things sent 2 day Air free.

It is a proper address. There is NO PO Box #. It's a regular street address. I get all my bank mail, brokerage statements, tax stuff sent there with no problems at all. You won't have any problems at all with that stuff.

Absolutely I don't think it's fair to ask friends to do that stuff but even if they would be willing to, I didn't need them to see my private banking information. And sometimes I'd need things scanned so this service is really great.

I think they have some half price trial so you might want to check it out but I've been using them for a while and use them fairly extensively since I travel so much and they've been great! Its an ex-pat's dream.

Back