Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Helados Italia - Best ice cream bars in Buenos Aires

earlyretirement

Probably one of my all time favorite desserts in Buenos Aires is at a place called Helados Italia. They have several locations so you can look on Google Maps to see where the nearest location to you is. But I usually hit the Palermo Soho location as I'm routinely in this area.

Google Maps:

They have these frozen ice cream popsicles that are amazing! They are wrapped in chocolate and have a ton of flavors. They also have frozen bananas that are wrapped in chocolate as well. I'm not sure how the actual ice cream is as I always go for the frozen Cannolis which I think is the best thing they have. Prices range from 3,000 to 4,000 pesos for the Cannolis.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 5.00.09 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 5.00.00 PM.jpg

This also my favorite ice cream treat but it getting very expensive now. Mine I like is the Bianco Dulce de leche cannoli. It very delicious but it cost 4,000 pesos now. It too much. :(
Wow that crazy $4 USD for little piece of ice cream. No way. This when came out was only $1 USD not so long ago. This ice cream very old from when I was younger. It from Mar del Plata. It so crazy to think it so expensive now.

Back