Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Guide to Buenos Aires Public Transport System

Traveler

Hello, I'm about to head to BA for the first time, can't wait. I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone has a comprehensive guide tailored for English speakers on navigating the city's bus and train systems. I'm particularly interested in details such as where to procure tickets for tourists or those on a short stay, recommended routes, as well as any valuable tips and tricks that seasoned travelers might have picked up along the way.

I greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you can share with me as I gear up for this exciting adventure. Thank you in advance!

Hello, I'm about to head to BA for the first time, can't wait. I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone has a comprehensive guide tailored for English speakers on navigating the city's bus and train systems. I'm particularly interested in details such as where to procure tickets for tourists or those on a short stay, recommended routes, as well as any valuable tips and tricks that seasoned travelers might have picked up along the way.

I greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you can share with me as I gear up for this exciting adventure. Thank you in advance!
This video might be useful. This youtuber has heaps of tips about Bs As

Hi!

The FIRST thing you have to do is to buy a SUBE card… Here you have the link of an interactive map where you can find the places where you can buy the SUBE card http://www.tarjetasube.sube.gob.ar/SubeWeb/WebForms/admin/views/mapa-sube.aspx?id=1 choosing the neighborhood, you stating at.

The SUBE card now costs $730 pesos, and then you have to charge credit in almost every “kiosco” you find…. The basic “boleto” for bus cost $56 pesos, and for subte $80 pesos.

You can use the SUBE card with the Subte (subway), Colectivo (bus), and Train (generally use to go outside the city).

As it was said, this youtuber has a lot of information that is great!! And this link will help you a lot for sure!!

Back