Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate Sales Great New Construction For Sale that is going to be Completed by August 2024 - Meet Palermo

I can't wait to take possession of the penthouse unit! I am bummed the only other owner on the penthouse wouldn't agree to resell their unit to me as well. I will keep trying but I am thankful I snagged a penthouse unit. It will be incredible and I can't wait to rent it out.

Bummer Guatemala 4551 isn't available for short-term. I stayed in that tower before COVID. I think some owners are still renting short-term on the down low. My friend definitely stayed there less than 6 months. He was here for 1 month and rented a 1 bedroom unit.
Yes, it is happening. I still have 4 clients that own in that building. What they do is say it's a long-term contract and then just do it for a month and then after the month, they say the tenant left. I don't think they are doing less than a month at a time. I LOVED that building and bought much of that building up. I personally owned 4 units there but dumped them ALL at the top of the market in late 2018 and some in 2019. Was a great time to sell.
I can't wait to take possession of the penthouse unit! I am bummed the only other owner on the penthouse wouldn't agree to resell their unit to me as well. I will keep trying but I am thankful I snagged a penthouse unit. It will be incredible and I can't wait to rent it out.
Congrats on snagging that Penthouse unit! The view is great up there. Lots of natural sunlight and will be a special rental. Plus when I go to Buenos Aires I will stay in my units there that I own. I'm going to make it really high-end and decorate it nice. Lots of money will be made renting them out. Cha-ching.

Just purchased one of the, if not the, last 2 BDR units in this project on the 6th floor. Super excited- the plans and area look amazing and my wife and I can’t wait to see the finished product next summer! Thanks to @earlyretirement and his team for being consummate professionals. Being in sales, I’m a good judge of character and you can tell he’s a genuine, standup guy.

Just purchased one of the, if not the, last 2 BDR units in this project on the 6th floor. Super excited- the plans and area look amazing and my wife and I can’t wait to see the finished product next summer! Thanks to @earlyretirement and his team for being consummate professionals. Being in sales, I’m a good judge of character and you can tell he’s a genuine, standup guy.
Can I ask what you paid @ravingnomad? You can DM me if you don't want to post publicly. Congrats! I am itching to buy something here but the all cash is a new twist. I have been buying on credit all my life even when I had the cash to pay. I just exited out of all my Seattle real estate. It's time to sell in the USA. Bad times ahead in the USA. I'm going to look around more in Palermo and Recoleta. Those are the only two areas I would buy in.

Congratulation @ravingnomad! I also bought in this building. I bought one of the 2 penthouse units on the 9th floor. I inquired with the developer to offer to buy the other penthouse if the owner wanted to flip it but sadly they turned down my offer. Here is the floor plan of the unit that I purchased.

It's Unit #1. I'm so excited and now I have an excuse to go down there more often. The only downside is it is a very long trip from the West Coast where I live.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 3.45.38 PM.jpg

Congratulation @ravingnomad! I also bought in this building. I bought one of the 2 penthouse units on the 9th floor. I inquired with the developer to offer to buy the other penthouse if the owner wanted to flip it but sadly they turned down my offer. Here is the floor plan of the unit that I purchased.

It's Unit #1. I'm so excited and now I have an excuse to go down there more often. The only downside is it is a very long trip from the West Coast where I live.

View attachment 1012
@Johnny It was a true pleasure to have met you in person. We look forward to assisting you with furnishing and decorating your beautiful penthouse property and we look forward to managing your property.
@ravingnomad, congratulations on buying the last 2 bedroom unit in the building. We look forward to meeting you and your wife. We also look forward to assisting you professionally in decorating and furnishing your beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bathroom property. We also look forward to managing your property.

Thank you both for your trust and business. It's valued and appreciated.

Can I ask what you paid @ravingnomad? You can DM me if you don't want to post publicly. Congrats! I am itching to buy something here but the all cash is a new twist. I have been buying on credit all my life even when I had the cash to pay. I just exited out of all my Seattle real estate. It's time to sell in the USA. Bad times ahead in the USA. I'm going to look around more in Palermo and Recoleta. Those are the only two areas I would buy in.
Yes! This all-cash thing takes getting used to. We have not done that before but we are also exiting out of our property in Tampa. Closing hopefully the first week in January. We will buy a small place in Florida and also plan to buy a nice place in Buenos Aires. We see very nice apartments for under $400,000 USD there. @BuySellBA are you guys a real estate agency?

View attachment 1012
Thanks so much @Johnny, I'm terribly jealous of you, but still very happy with our unit. Its on a relatively high floor and has a decent view so should rent out well. Plus it'll be great when we come down to stay in BA- the amenities and restaurants in the area are awesome from what we've seen so far.

Last edited:
Yes! This all-cash thing takes getting used to. We have not done that before but we are also exiting out of our property in Tampa. Closing hopefully the first week in January. We will buy a small place in Florida and also plan to buy a nice place in Buenos Aires. We see very nice apartments for under $400,000 USD there. @BuySellBA are you guys a real estate agency?
Hi @Dazed & Confused,

Yes, the 100% cash takes some getting used to but we find it's better as there are almost NO mortgages here and property prices are what they are. No one is over-leveraged here and almost everyone that owns their property owns it outright.

Congrats on selling your property in the USA. We have been recommending to all our clients to exit and sell all their USA real estate this year besides their primary residence if they are living in the USA. It has been a tremendous run and things don't move in straight lines forever. Nothing goes down forever and nothing goes up forever.

We are not a real estate company. We are real estate consultants and have successfully assisted over 1,000 non-resident foreigners buy and sell real estate in Buenos Aires since 2002. You can find out more about our company here:

You can read all the magazines and newspapers around the world that have written about us and our Founder here:

There are more magazine articles here:

You can read many dozens of testimonials from our actual clients here:

Please free to contact us if you'd like to set up an initial consultation and we'd be happy to walk you through the process and explain everything in detail. We will refer you to our trusted network of ethical realtors, bankers, lawyers, Escribanos, accountants and other trusted partners that we've been working with for the past 22 years. Best of luck in your search and happy holidays.

www.BuySellBA.com - You can find the contact information on our website.

here's a sample search, lots of stuff on ZonaProp, and prices are like 10-15% higher than they will actually accept. you can spend as much as you want, but small (25-50 m2) apartments abound for under 150k USD for sure!
Yes! We are using that website. We know how to use it but the owners or their agents are flaky. We don't want too small of a unit. The ones we like are around $400k USD.

what size m2/sqft?

and how many rooms, bathrooms, garage spaces, balconies?

want an apartment specifically, or a PH (whatever those even are; no one can define them!) or a house?
We are looking at things like this with at least 3 bedrooms. We will just wait until we get there. We may go in February now as we heard it's totally dead in January. Many owners gone and not home then.

We are looking at things like this with at least 3 bedrooms. We will just wait until we get there. We may go in February now as we heard it's totally dead in January. Many owners gone and not home then.

That first one my friend is buying! He made an offer. I think they accepted it. My American friend is buying that one.

That first one my friend is buying! He made an offer. I think they accepted it. My American friend is buying that one.
Most of the larger, newer properties in Palermo Hollywood and that general area are being purchased up by foreigners just like after the last crash. Not too many locals are buying up larger properties right now. It's expensive for them but seem cheap for foreigners that are selling properties in expensive areas.

I posted on Twitter over the past few months a few properties that I purchased for clients. My American clients are buying up larger properties in Palermo.

You have good taste! I need some rich expat friends so PM me when you get here! At the very least I can hang out in your hot tub!

I visited this building today for Meet Palermo and great neighborhood but all the bigger properties are sold. They only had smaller units. A shame as the 2 bedroom units have a great floor plan. @earlyretirement I walked through what I think was your apartment. At least the one in the video above. Congrats.

You have good taste! I need some rich expat friends so PM me when you get here! At the very least I can hang out in your hot tub!

I visited this building today for Meet Palermo and great neighborhood but all the bigger properties are sold. They only had smaller units. A shame as the 2 bedroom units have a great floor plan. @earlyretirement I walked through what I think was your apartment. At least the one in the video above. Congrats.
@earlyretirement would know, but @Spend Thrift you may want to inquire with him as even though the units you are interested may be sold or reserved, sometimes those investors/buyers are holding onto them for a flip.

@earlyretirement would know, but @Spend Thrift you may want to inquire with him as even though the units you are interested may be sold or reserved, sometimes those investors/buyers are holding onto them for a flip.
That is exactly correct. Many locals buy with the intention of flipping. Many investors invest in these pozo projects just to flip them before the building is done. I have done this 3 times and has always worked out well. Properties always go up in value from the time they start to the time they finished. I have never lost money flipping pozo projects. That is providing the developer actually finishes. There are some projects that never finish. You must be selective with the builder.

That is exactly correct. Many locals buy with the intention of flipping. Many investors invest in these pozo projects just to flip them before the building is done. I have done this 3 times and has always worked out well. Properties always go up in value from the time they start to the time they finished. I have never lost money flipping pozo projects. That is providing the developer actually finishes. There are some projects that never finish. You must be selective with the builder.
I just met a guy today that has been doing this. He said that he doesn't even pay any capital gains taxes or anything. He said he just puts 30% down and makes some payments and then always flips and has made great %. He said the same thing about being careful who is building it.

Back