Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

JeffJerson

Certainly, obtaining information on educational laws and procedures in Argentina is important. Here's an overview of the situation:

In Argentina, the Ministry of Education is responsible for overseeing educational policies. However, education is mainly managed at the provincial level, so there can be some variation across different regions.

Regarding your specific situation, it's not uncommon for schools to request the name of the new school when transferring records. This is often to ensure a smooth transition and to assist the new school in understanding the student's academic background, health records, etc. However, it's essential to respect your concerns and the privacy of your child's information.

To access the specific education laws and regulations, you might want to check with the education department in the province where you currently reside. They should be able to provide you with detailed information on your rights and the procedures involved in transferring records between schools. Local educational authorities or the school itself can guide you on the applicable laws in your region.

If you encounter difficulties or need further clarification, it might also be helpful to consult with a local education lawyer who can provide specific advice tailored to your situation.

Why so secretive about what happened? Can you describe the overall experience at the public school and compare it to the private one? Why don't you want to simply give the school administrator the name of the new school?

Secretive, its not really the rest of the worlds business, and I want to protect my child from the evil in this world and let him enjoy being a kid as long as he can.

The public schools don't care if children learn, and they don't watch the security of the children as much as they should. Recent events at another public school which involved another expat, showed many vulnerabilities in public school systems here. For expats whose children speak English and not Spanish natively, its very dangerous for them.

Because by giving them any information, IF they are corrupt they can pass that info along to others. When you are trying to protect your family, you wouldn't want to divulge any info either now would you. Especially when it can be used against you by some of the evil people in this world.

Your not stupid, you figure it out! Think about it.

I'm not sure what the laws are but quite honestly if they really want to find out where you decided to enroll them they can. The truth and fact of the matter is that Argentina is a truly corrupt country. Fortunately it's relatively safe for the vast majority of expats that live there but if someone shady wanted to do something they can easily do it without much recourse. One of the facts you face living in Argentina.

It's the major reason once I had kids I decided to move out of Argentina and raise them in the USA. I'll always love Argentina but I lived there long enough to know the judicial system doesn't work there and there is very little recourse. Just a very corrupt place.

Back