Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Do you know of any soccer fields in Palermo where we can play with friends?

There are several soccer fields in that area, and one that I visited in the past is called "Los Amigos Fútbol 5". The cost is quite reasonable, about $10 per hour, which, if you divide by the 10 players on a 5-on-5 field, works out to about $1 per person.

The courts are well maintained, although be aware that they do not have their own parking lot. The service, both in person and via WhatsApp, is excellent. It is advisable to book in advance. Prices may vary depending on the day and time, but compared to other courts offering similar or higher rates, this is one of the best.

It is advisable to make the reservation by phone or have someone who speaks Spanish, as the staff does not usually have a complete command of English. greetings!

In Argentina, it is common to see people in the square enjoying kicking the ball. Generally, when you are alone with the ball, someone comes up to you and shares some time playing with you. It has happened to me several times that the ball would go far away and young people would approach me to play and engage me in conversation.
Thank you. Would they find me weird if I went out and just started kicking the ball around myself? I don't have a problem paying it just for me. Is that strange?

Back