Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Banking Details about bringing in ALL those US Dollars that are held outside Argentina

IrishLad

This is GREAT news!! Money that has been stashed away under mattresses or in offshore accounts is now permitted to re-enter the system without facing penalties, and seemingly, without the need to provide a justification for its origin. This applies to dollars in general, not exclusively those owned by Argentinians. The real estate market appears to be a plausible destination for a substantial portion of this capital, as current prices are artificially depressed due to the logistical challenges associated with bringing physical cash dollars into the country. With a considerable amount of dollars circulating globally and diminishing demand for them each day, those holding USD and lacking optimism about the future of the US suddenly have a new avenue to exchange them for something valuable.

For individuals contemplating a property purchase in Argentina, initiating the process sooner rather than later may be advisable. Property prices are going to soar!!

The details about money laundering and other key definitions of Luis Caputo

The Minister of Economy assured that “whoever enters their dollars into the Argentine banking system will not pay anything”; “The tax accounts would be in order” because there would be an increase in revenue, according to what he stated.

Literally, EVERYTHING playing out as we said it would. @BuySellBA has been posting for months online since August that an amnesty was going to happen. @JMilei is listening to ALL our advice. The last time they did an amnesty, real estate prices soared to all-time highs. It is when I cashed out on almost our entire portfolio of properties.

You will see it hit new highs in the next several years. Next
@JMilei on your list should be what I told you to initiate a Golden Visa program for foreign investors. $250,000 ought to be good to start.

Terms of the Golden Visa Program:- You must $250,000 to $300,000+ US dollars into Argentina that will be purchased for real estate or land or must be invested in a technology that will benefit the Argentine society. (Example, this could be invested in Casa Libre - a revolutionary real estate platform that will replace @zonaprop and will bring real estate commissions down to almost nothing).

- You must pay a reasonable application fee of $1,000 US dollars to apply for the Golden Visa.- If it's for real estate, you must pre-pay 3 years of the property tax upfront and the Minister of Finance can best determine how to use these pre-paid funds.

- You get a DNI immediately upon making the investment and paying the 3 years of property taxes. After 3 years you automatically get an Argentine Passport with NO minimum entry requirements. The passport is permanent. Maybe you pay a reasonable fee to receive the passport. Maybe $500 US or so.

- You get NO social benefits as a Golden Visa passport holder. You can't sponge off the medical or retirement system. Only if you contributed and paid taxes in Argentina.

- Any assets outside of Argentina will NOT be taxed by Argentina when considering their asset/wealth tax. ONLY assets INSIDE Argentina are taxed. Obviously, any assets held inside Argentina will be taxed at normal Argentina tax rates on income or asset taxes.

If a corporation is set up to invest in Argentina, and at least $10 million is brought into Argentina, then 5 of the officers of that corporation are eligible for Golden Visa Passports. The same conditions that they must pre-pay 3 years of property taxes on whatever property they build/buy. (For every additional $10 million that is invested by that company 3 more people within that organization can be eligible for a passport too).

- The terms are permanent and even if another Administration comes along, these are permanent and can't be revoked.

- The same stringent terms/conditions, FBI background checks, etc. must be performed by anyone applying for a Golden Visa Passport. The same financial controls and checks must be performed for any money coming into the program for this Golden Visa Passport program.

- If someone already has a DNI for Argentina and Permanent residency and they invest the funds, they would immediately qualify for this improved DNI and Passport.

There are a lot of other ideas we could tag to this Golden Visa program but I'd recommend you start with these.@JMilei let's do this.

Your friends at http://BuySellBA.com

#buysellba #goldenVisa #ArgentinaGoldenVisa #passport #CasaLibre #investmentPassport #Milei #MileiGoldenVisa

Literally, EVERYTHING playing out as we said it would. @BuySellBA has been posting for months online since August that an amnesty was going to happen. @JMilei is listening to ALL our advice. The last time they did an amnesty, real estate prices soared to all-time highs. It is when I cashed out on almost our entire portfolio of properties.

You will see it hit new highs in the next several years. Next
@JMilei on your list should be what I told you to initiate a Golden Visa program for foreign investors. $250,000 ought to be good to start.

Terms of the Golden Visa Program:- You must $250,000 to $300,000+ US dollars into Argentina that will be purchased for real estate or land or must be invested in a technology that will benefit the Argentine society. (Example, this could be invested in Casa Libre - a revolutionary real estate platform that will replace @zonaprop and will bring real estate commissions down to almost nothing).

- You must pay a reasonable application fee of $1,000 US dollars to apply for the Golden Visa.- If it's for real estate, you must pre-pay 3 years of the property tax upfront and the Minister of Finance can best determine how to use these pre-paid funds.

- You get a DNI immediately upon making the investment and paying the 3 years of property taxes. After 3 years you automatically get an Argentine Passport with NO minimum entry requirements. The passport is permanent. Maybe you pay a reasonable fee to receive the passport. Maybe $500 US or so.

- You get NO social benefits as a Golden Visa passport holder. You can't sponge off the medical or retirement system. Only if you contributed and paid taxes in Argentina.

- Any assets outside of Argentina will NOT be taxed by Argentina when considering their asset/wealth tax. ONLY assets INSIDE Argentina are taxed. Obviously, any assets held inside Argentina will be taxed at normal Argentina tax rates on income or asset taxes.

If a corporation is set up to invest in Argentina, and at least $10 million is brought into Argentina, then 5 of the officers of that corporation are eligible for Golden Visa Passports. The same conditions that they must pre-pay 3 years of property taxes on whatever property they build/buy. (For every additional $10 million that is invested by that company 3 more people within that organization can be eligible for a passport too).

- The terms are permanent and even if another Administration comes along, these are permanent and can't be revoked.

- The same stringent terms/conditions, FBI background checks, etc. must be performed by anyone applying for a Golden Visa Passport. The same financial controls and checks must be performed for any money coming into the program for this Golden Visa Passport program.

- If someone already has a DNI for Argentina and Permanent residency and they invest the funds, they would immediately qualify for this improved DNI and Passport.

There are a lot of other ideas we could tag to this Golden Visa program but I'd recommend you start with these.@JMilei let's do this.

Your friends at http://BuySellBA.com

#buysellba #goldenVisa #ArgentinaGoldenVisa #passport #CasaLibre #investmentPassport #Milei #MileiGoldenVisa
Wow, that is pretty uncanny that you called this ahead of time. I read your post on Twitter. (I went back and read all your posts). It looks like @JMilei is following your playbook completely. I read where you said that Dollarization was impossible in the short term and thought of you when they immediately fired the other guy and hired Caputo.

I also read on the old forum about what you said about them needlessly antagonizing China and Brazil (2 of their largest trading partners). You were correct on that too and they are backtracking.

This is interesting about the Golden Visa program. I have a friend that did it in Portugal and now has an EU passport do to that. This seems like a great idea! So if I buy that apartment and then buy another apartment I would qualify? What is your idea @earlyretirement on time frame and how long would I have as I can't buy both at the same time. I LOVE the no minimum requirement for the Passport and LOVE the NO taxing of assets held outside of Argentina.

This sounds like a win/win to me!

Last edited:
Golden Visa program for foreign investors
i was just talking to my lady about this; even simpler would be for normal people from USA/EU/commonwealth countries that want to get a 2nd passport in 2 years: allow me to pay $50,000 USD as a "donation" to the government, specifically to pay-off the national debt and nothing else. put me on a fast-track to have permanent residency, and after 2 years i can do the normal application for citizenship/passport. those 2 years would be a probation period; you get arrested, your application gets paused. you get convicted of anything resembling violence, you get AFUERA. in the meantime, millions of dollars of USD/Euros/etc. get brought-in to the country, more Expats are here with some spending money to stimulate the economy and create more markets, and people who WANT to be in Argentina and have a stake in the country can come here without overstaying or paying a lawyer thousands of dollars to bring Migraciones; federal gov't gets the money directly. even if the 400 billion debt isn't completely solved, it would bring some money in, cut-off the corrupt Migraciones and lawyer closed-door dealings, and maybe 8 million investors would come here to the other provinces; it's not like Argentina has a shortage of land :p maybe some sort of arrangement like Alaska has, where you can get big discounts and make money for homesteading in rural areas.

$250K is just not in the books for 99% of people on earth to sh*t-out, but saving 50K is doable for someone in their 30s and 40s who hustles and was going to put a down-payment on a house, or something, anyway

i was just talking to my lady about this; even simpler would be for normal people from USA/EU/commonwealth countries that want to get a 2nd passport in 2 years: allow me to pay $50,000 USD as a "donation" to the government, specifically to pay-off the national debt and nothing else. put me on a fast-track to have permanent residency, and after 2 years i can do the normal application for citizenship/passport. those 2 years would be a probation period; you get arrested, your application gets paused. you get convicted of anything resembling violence, you get AFUERA. in the meantime, millions of dollars of USD/Euros/etc. get brought-in to the country, more Expats are here with some spending money to stimulate the economy and create more markets, and people who WANT to be in Argentina and have a stake in the country can come here without overstaying or paying a lawyer thousands of dollars to bring Migraciones; federal gov't gets the money directly. even if the 400 billion debt isn't completely solved, it would bring some money in, cut-off the corrupt Migraciones and lawyer closed-door dealings, and maybe 8 million investors would come here to the other provinces; it's not like Argentina has a shortage of land :p maybe some sort of arrangement like Alaska has, where you can get big discounts and make money for homesteading in rural areas.

$250K is just not in the books for 99% of people on earth to sh*t-out, but saving 50K is doable for someone in their 30s and 40s who hustles and was going to put a down-payment on a house, or something, anyway
But why spend $50,000? It sounds like it's super simple here to get a DNI. I'm speaking to people that say LOTS of Russians and Chinese are getting citizenship here. You can hire that guy with the bad website for $7,000. I just don't think you need to spend $50k to get fast track. Sure if you want to donate to Argentina but I don't think people are just going to donate.

Golden Visa programs have always been mostly geared towards people with high net worths as the government wants to attract these people into the country. Typically these people spend a lot of money, do more investments, etc. I think @BuySellBA or maybe it's @earlyretirement Golden Visa plan sounds perfect. I would easily qualify if they counted both my apartments. It's just I am not able to buy them at the same time.

Literally, EVERYTHING playing out @BuySellBA
has said it would happen since August 2023. Our friend,@JMilei is listening to ALL our advice. The last time they did an amnesty, real estate prices soared to all-time highs. It is when I cashed out on almost our entire portfolio of properties. You will see it hit new highs in the next several years. Next
@JMilei on your list should be what I told you to initiate a Golden Visa program for foreign investors. $250,000 ought to be good to start.Terms of the Golden Visa Program:- You must $250,000 to $300,000+ US dollars into Argentina that will be purchased for real estate or land or must be invested in a technology that will benefit the Argentine society. (Example, this could be invested in Casa Libre - a revolutionary real estate platform that will replace @zonaprop and will bring real estate commissions down to almost nothing). - You must pay a reasonable application fee of $1,000 US dollars to apply for the Golden Visa.- If it's for real estate, you must pre-pay 3 years of the property tax upfront and the Minister of Finance can best determine how to use these pre-paid funds. - You get a DNI immediately upon making the investment and paying the 3 years of property taxes. After 3 years you automatically get an Argentine Passport with NO minimum entry requirements. The passport is permanent. Maybe you pay a reasonable fee to receive the passport. Maybe $500 US or so.- You get NO social benefits as a Golden Visa passport holder. You can't sponge off the medical or retirement system. Only if you contributed and paid taxes in Argentina.- Any assets outside of Argentina will NOT be taxed by Argentina when considering their asset/wealth tax. ONLY assets INSIDE Argentina are taxed. Obviously, any assets held inside Argentina will be taxed at normal Argentina tax rates on income or asset taxes.If a corporation is set up to invest in Argentina, and at least $10 million is brought into Argentina, then 5 of the officers of that corporation are eligible for Golden Visa Passports. Same conditions that they must pre-pay 3 years of property taxes on whatever property they build/buy. (For every additional $10 million that is invested by that company 3 more people within that organization can be eligible for a passport too). - The terms are permanent and even if another Administration comes along, these are permanent and can't be revoked. - The same stringent terms/conditions, FBI background checks, etc. must be performed by anyone applying for a Golden Visa Passport. The same financial controls and checks must be performed for any money coming into the program for this Golden Visa Passport program.- If someone already has a DNI for Argentina and Permanent residency and they invest the funds, they would immediately qualify for this improved DNI and Passport. There are a lot of other ideas we could tag to this Golden Visa program but I'd recommend you start with these.@JMilei let's do this.Your friends at http://BuySellBA.com #buysellba #goldenVisa #ArgentinaGoldenVisa #passport #CasaLibre #investmentPassport #Milei #MileiGoldenVisa
Wow, that is pretty uncanny that you called this ahead of time. I read your post on Twitter. (I went back and read all your posts). It looks like @JMilei is following your playbook completely. I read where you said that Dollarization was impossible in the short term and thought of you when they immediately fired the other guy and hired Caputo.

I also read on the old forum about what you said about them needlessly antagonizing China and Brazil (2 of their largest trading partners). You were correct on that too and they are backtracking.

This is interesting about the Golden Visa program. I have a friend that did it in Portugal and now has an EU passport do to that. This seems like a great idea! So if I buy that apartment and then buy another apartment I would qualify? What is your idea @earlyretirement on time frame and how long would I have as I can't buy both at the same time. I LOVE the no minimum requirement for the Passport and LOVE the NO taxing of assets held outside of Argentina.

This sounds like a win/win to me!
Yes, I know Argentina VERY well having worked, lived, and operated here for so long. I've dealt with many previous administrations and I've personally met 3 different Presidents in Argentina. The former president of Uruguay was a client of mine too. He was an interesting man! I have a long track record in Argentina. For all the fake posters or people hiding behind their anonymity that have never done anything in Argentina, I've accomplished quite a bit in Argentina. I don't think anyone can deny that fact. It's all chronicled in some of the most respected newspapers and magazines and news organizations around the world over the past 20+ years.

I just want to see the best for the country. I love Argentina.

Nothing is set in stone on the Golden Visa program but I'm throwing out ideas. The Milei administration has listened to a lot of my advice. They were crazy impressed with my polling! Even their own staff didn't think it was going to be a blowout but I told them the morning of the elections not to worry and it would be a blowout.

My idea is like many other nations, this would be for high-net-worth individuals. I still don't believe investment in Argentina is for pikers or people who don't have money. Not to say that everyone won't make money. But my experience when I owned ApartmentsBA was that pikers were not suited to invest because every little ripple in the economy in the USA would force them to have to exit or something. I saw a lot of my investors who probably shouldn't have invested in Argentina as they had to panic sell their properties in Buenos Aires when the stock market went down, or they lost their jobs or some other event. There is no way of me knowing someone's net worth before they retain me.

So I always try to emphasize in the initial consultation or really before they even hire me for an initial consultation that real estate investment in Argentina is NOT for the masses. It's turned out well for ALL my clients as I don't think I ever had one that sold their property for less than they purchased it. Many of my investors have made 3X or even 4X what they paid for it. Some much more than that when you factor in the rental proceeds over the time they owned it.

On the Golden Visa I'd propose to Javier Milei's office that you give people maybe 12 months from the time they apply and pay the permit fee to complete their real estate purchases. It would only count properties once you pay that application fee. As long as you haven't already signed the Escritura it would qualify. (i.e. if you bought a pozo or paying for a pozo or even if you completely paid it off but haven't yet signed the escritura then you can apply for the Golden Visa and it would count towards the $250,000).

I feel like there has to be some relatively short amount of time like 12 months that will spur the investments to hit the $250,000. Of course, you could just purchase a more expensive property but many properties are under that amount. Since before COVID the trend has to build really small studio type apartments because most locals don't have a lot of money.

My idea with Casa Libre is to create a world-class real estate portal that is like no other in the world. So fantastic that it will open up Argentina to the world. Perfect timing with the Golden Visa program. For locals, real estate is expensive but for people in the USA, London, Russia, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, etc. it's crazy cheap!!

I want to start this in Argentina, validate and then expand to Mexico. It's going to be awesome.

Nope, this will NEVER happen. $50,000 is too cheap. While I don't think Argentina can charge the $500,000 US that some of my friends/clients paid in Portugal, I don't think Argentina's passport at this moment is as valuable. But I think that will change someday. Argentina has it all. Endless amounts of land to build homes/communities. Tremendous amounts of food to feed their own citizens and others around the world. Natural gas, oil, lithium and other precious natural resources. And also endless amounts of clean drinking water. Water is going to be a HUGE and valuable commodity over the next 100 years. Countries like Argentina that have avoided conflict and has good weather is going to be an important place in the world.

I believe you can validate the program with $250,000 for the first few years. I believe it will be so successful that the amounts they can charge to process the application can eventually go from $1,000 up to $5,000 and then maybe up to $10,000. I also believe they will raise the Golden Visa minimum requirement from $250,000 maybe to $500,000 over a few years.

I predict once Milei gets things on the right track (think YEARS not months), Argentina is going to be one of the coolest and most important passports to have. Owning real estate in Argentina is going to be very very wise because once a property is paid off, you can live in Argentina relatively cheap. Even when it becomes expensive, having a primary residence paid off and living in retirement will contribute to a high quality of life.

The medical care in Argentina is very solid. So just get on a medical plan NOW. I'd also recommend to the Milei administration to partner with healthcare providers so they also are required to purchase some minimum medical coverage so those people don't become a drain on society.

What I learned a long time ago is that you get high-net-worth individuals investing in your country. They typically keep investing in that country as long as things are going well. I have many investors who have purchased up to 10 properties with me. My company, @BuySellBA is the foremost authority on foreign investors investing in Argentina. When the Wall Street Journal did a story on real estate purchases by foreigners, I spent several hours with the reporter. I introduced her to most of the people in the article that they used.

This Golden Visa passport program has tremendous potential. It's just one of the many ideas that I have to help Argentina.

Too rich for my blood! But a good idea. I don't see any downsides for anyone of this idea.

Much sounds like is still uncertain and it's clear the Milei administration wanted to quickly get something out about this. But if you research it says to avoid any charges, the dollars must be deposited into the banking system. (NO THANKS!)

The specifics of this process, such as the duration the dollars must remain in the system, are not yet available. Additionally, it is mentioned that withdrawing dollars from the banking system may incur a 5% fee, but the details of this provision remain unclear.

Questions arise about which dollars are subject to this fee and the applicable time frame. It doesn't say anything about purchasing real estate or what you can do but as I mentioned a lot probably needs to get worked out.

Too rich for my blood! But a good idea. I don't see any downsides for anyone of this idea.

Much sounds like is still uncertain and it's clear the Milei administration wanted to quickly get something out about this. But if you research it says to avoid any charges, the dollars must be deposited into the banking system. (NO THANKS!)

The specifics of this process, such as the duration the dollars must remain in the system, are not yet available. Additionally, it is mentioned that withdrawing dollars from the banking system may incur a 5% fee, but the details of this provision remain unclear.

Questions arise about which dollars are subject to this fee and the applicable time frame. It doesn't say anything about purchasing real estate or what you can do but as I mentioned a lot probably needs to get worked out.
Yes for sure a LOT to work out. As you mentioned, they wanted to quickly get something out. You can see with Milei the advice I have given his office is always sooner rather than later! Act quickly! I have mentioned about 30/60/120/180/360 day plans which I haven't seen them posting in details but I'd expect that coming.

Lay it ALL out there and do a road map how you will achieve it. Always being honest with the locals just how bad of a situation that the Peronists have left their country in. It would be far worse with Massa, IMHO. Most of the Massa supporters and people that I know that personally voted for him are actually saying they are pleased with much of the actions so far. I don't think any of this should be surprising. It ALL must be done.

Then if people get in the way or are responsible for these 30/60/120/180/360 day plans not working then just blame them. Get it all documented and then place the blame on the other side if they don't get on board.

True a LOT of things need to get figured out and it's going to definitely get more painful. But think of how things would be with the alternative of Massa. Just bloody and brutal. No plan at all and more of the same that got Argentina into this mess.

I would LOVE the Golden Visa. I just bought a penthouse apartment and I will close on it next year and sign the title deed. I hope they get this in place soon! I would gladly buy another small unit to make up the $300,000 price. I would love a passport for Argentina and want to retire there when I'm done working.

Nope, this will NEVER happen. $50,000 is too cheap.
well, it COULD. and it's possible to have a Golden Visa Investor program for the 1% of the richest, while also allowing a slower program for middle-class regular folks like me to invest and have a stake in the country; the ideas aren't mutually-exclusive. it would just be a faster version of what you can do now with 7000 USD, paying-off nat'l debt, and cutting-out the lawyer/Migraciones corruption.

of course getting the ultra-rich investors is good, but there are lots of people like me that will come here, invest in land, raise horses, do aquaponics, offer services and agricultural products/food, and contribute. i agree that the idea isn't cool enough for the politicians to give a crap about, but it's just an idea that could be cool.

well, it COULD. and it's possible to have a Golden Visa Investor program for the 1% of the richest, while also allowing a slower program for middle-class regular folks like me to invest and have a stake in the country; the ideas aren't mutually-exclusive. it would just be a faster version of what you can do now with 7000 USD, paying-off nat'l debt, and cutting-out the lawyer/Migraciones corruption.

of course getting the ultra-rich investors is good, but there are lots of people like me that will come here, invest in land, raise horses, do aquaponics, offer services and agricultural products/food, and contribute. i agree that the idea isn't cool enough for the politicians to give a crap about, but it's just an idea that could be cool.
Sure the great thing about Argentina is that ANYTHING can happen but I don't see it likely but sure, I'm not against it if people want to "donate" $50,000. I just don't see that happening when I see tons of Russians or Chinese illegally staying and just paying to get Citizenship.

I don't disagree that if they are already doing this then sure, it doesn't hurt anything. I just don't see it likely. That's all I'm saying. I also don't agree with you that lawyer is corrupt for charging that much money. Lawyers provide a legal service just like any other professional. I charge many thousands of dollars to assist people with buying property and I actually don't think it's enough. Professionals should charge as HIGH a price as they can if they are happy with it and they stay busy.

Things are VERY difficult in Argentina. NOTHING is easy or quick. People just in for a few weeks or months or even years never really understand how complex Argentina is. Sometimes on some deals I might work 100+ hours and when you don't charge by the hour it's basically an "all you can eat buffet" for people with billable hours.

So if an immigration attorney charges $7,000 USD and he gets you Citizenship then I think it's actually not bad. Because the # of hours he must work to achieve that is probably so massive. ALL professional should charge as high a fee as possible and as long as they have enough work then that's really the American/Argentine/World-wide dream.

Because the # of hours he must work to achieve that is probably so massive
of course i agree with the free-market mindset for intelligent/skilled people; i was more commenting on if 10 lawyers tell me one route isn't possible, and 1 lawyer tells me it is possible for 7000 USD, i think the occam's razor here is that they are paying a specific federal judge a few grand to "expedite" things. it would be fascinating to have access to the information on what nationalities and lawyers are getting approved by which federal judges. i would guess that one judge and one lawyer have an arrangement, rather than having to believe that Lorena at ARCA and Gabriel at Celano and the other firms i've mentioned are all incompetent in the same legal system with the same judges.

of course i agree with the free-market mindset for intelligent/skilled people; i was more commenting on if 10 lawyers tell me one route isn't possible, and 1 lawyer tells me it is possible for 7000 USD, i think the occam's razor here is that they are paying a specific federal judge a few grand to "expedite" things. it would be fascinating to have access to the information on what nationalities and lawyers are getting approved by which federal judges. i would guess that one judge and one lawyer have an arrangement, rather than having to believe that Lorena at ARCA and Gabriel at Celano and the other firms i've mentioned are all incompetent in the same legal system with the same judges.
No doubt there is a LOT of corruption in Argentina. I'm writing a book and I am going to post about some stories. I was telling Mara from BowtiedMara the other night and he was dying laughing at all the true life stories while I was with my business partner, and best friend in life, @Lucho. A LOT of crazy stories in Argentina.

However, I don't think at all that the lawyer that I recommend does any of that bribing judges. He posted a LOT over a decade ago in the old forum. It was clear to me that he just knows the law well and will defend it to his death for his clients. Although I had totally fundamentally different views from him on most things including politics and many other topics, I admired his understanding of the law and him actually fighting with judges.

So I don't think he pays off judges. I just think he probably knows the laws much better than other attorneys when it comes to getting illegal aliens here citizenship. I wouldn't have recommended him if I didn't believe he was an honest guy.

Recently I read that he started buying real estate. I believe it was commercial AND residential. So this tells me this guy is really intelligent as he bought at bargain basement levels. He sounds like a very smart guy.

Back