Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Cristina Kirchner envió un fuerte mensaje a la interna peronista y le pidió a Milei “un golpe de timón” - Infobae

All the Answers

Cristina Kirchner envió un fuerte mensaje a la interna peronista y le pidió a Milei “un golpe de timón” - Infobae​

1714402091888.png

Source:

April 27. 2024

The former vice president led the opening ceremony of the Néstor Kirchner Sports Center in Quilmes, accompanied by the local mayor, Mayra Mendoza. “We have to stop going out and discussing nonsense,” he claimed.

By making Cottet

1714402537848.png
Cristina Kirchner joins Mayra Mendoza

The two-time president of the country, Cristina Kirchner , returned to the public scene with an event called for 4 p.m. in Quilmes. In the southern district of the Buenos Aires suburbs, the Peronist leader led the inauguration of the Néstor Kirchner Sports Center together with the mayor of that town, Mayra Mendoza . The meeting that had the former vice president as the protagonist took place within the framework of an internal that Peronism made public weeks ago and that has its epicenter in the province of Buenos Aires.

At the beginning of the event, Fernández de Kirchner questioned Javier Milei 's model, considering that “the people are being subjected to a useless sacrifice” and responded to the President about the national network in which he celebrated the fiscal surplus: “No, brother, "You don't have a surplus, look at everything you owe." “On Monday the Base Law will be discussed, which is privatization, labor reform and tax reduction. When Néstor became president everything was private, even the retirements: YPF, Aerolíneas. I was a deputy and the plan permanently began in 2000, we had zero deficit and it fell the same due to the 2008 crisis,” he said.

He also referred to the legitimacy of the La Libertad Avanza government, which he valued for having been achieved at the polls, but pointed out against the management: “ 60% may have voted for you but if later people go... hungry, what's the use? ”. “This Government lacks a plan. It has no stabilization plan, look how I tell you. What the previous Government did have was convertibility sustained by the sale of national assets and debt. It only has an adjustment plan,” he warned and denounced that “more than an anarcho-capitalism, this is an anarcho-colonial government,” he added.

“The President has to give a direction to these policies. That the market has no flaws... What happened to prepaid? “He backed down and didn't resolve anything,” he said. “We are going to help you, if you want to make Argentina again where the riches are taken and eliminate the middle class, I am going to paint myself as avatars and paint myself light blue. “Not in a colony again,” he warned.

“We (the Peronists) walk with some certainties that we did not have in 2019: the first certainty is that with the manners of this President they will not screw me anymore. The truth is that it wasn't manners. We all know what it was like with those who do not bend. They voted for us in 2019 because they wanted an organized life and remembered how they lived until 2015. This also forces us to think. “Do not go on the channels to speak ill of a colleague,” said the former vice president.

Finally, he sent a message to the Peronist intern: “We have to stop going out and discussing nonsense, they argue to change the lives of the leaders and we have to study to change the lives of the people.”
1714402595400.png

Cristina Kirchner at the Quilmes event with Mayra Mendoza
In recent weeks, internal tensions within the movement had become public. “Those around Cristina end up doing stupid things,” said the mayor of Ensenada, Mario Secco . “How is Cristina's leadership organized? What is Cristina's driving? What three guys send you a WhatsApp, that you don't know them, that you don't know who they are? "I don't want Cristina's leadership, I want Cristina's leadership with a leading popular movement," said the Minister of Community Development of the province of Buenos Aires, Andrés Larroque. Both were at this Saturday's event organized -in part- by La Cámpora.

In La Cámpora they assure that Larroque's approach was - at the very least - timeless. This week the former president published a video in which she refers to internal discussions . Without specifically mentioning the situation experienced in Buenos Aires Peronism, Kirchner warned that “when the differences are sometimes over a place on the list, period. More so at this time, with the problems that society and people have, to be arguing for a place on the list, for God's sake.”

In that sense, the one who had a busy agenda was the Buenos Aires governor, Axel Kicillof, who balances this matter . In their immediate surroundings they closed ranks to avoid getting into the mud. That is why Kicillof attended Quilmes; but he also went to Ensenada and Avellaneda.

1714402621176.png
The former president along with Máximo Kirchner and Axel Kicillof

In the municipality governed by Mario Secco, a multi-sector event was held to pressure the national government to advance with the dredging of the Magdalena Canal. It was at the ATE Ensenada headquarters and the first general strike against the government of the military dictatorship was also commemorated.

Then, Kicillof went to Avellaneda. Mayor Jorge Ferraresi inaugurated the Néstor Kirchner Cultural Center on Maciel Island. The mayor is another of those who has been considering opening an instance of rediscussion within Peronism. He has even already asked to build “for Axel's candidacy.”

1714402648893.png
Andrés Larroque, Mayra Mendoza and Máximo Kirchner

Back