Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

BestiMike

Hello,

I'm currently in Buenos Aires for an extended stay and am eager to connect with fellow expats. I'd love to meet people who are living here, as I'm considering spending more time in the city over the next few years. Building a network of connections would be immensely comforting. Please let me know how I can get in touch with any of you. While I've been tango dancing for many years, I've noticed that many people at milongas don't speak English!

Thanks!

Hello,

We're organizing a "Coffee Chat" meetup at Starbucks in Alto Palermo mall tomorrow, starting from 5:30 pm until around 8 pm. You'll find us in the covered area outside, specifically at the largest table. It's our usual spot. We hope to see you there!

Learn Spanish. Meet locals.
This is the best advice that Carli is giving you. That's what gave me the biggest satisfaction. Learning Spanish and being able to really connect with locals. Besides my friends that I knew from other countries that came and visited me, I almost never spent time with ex-pats only because many of them never even took the time to want to learn Spanish. Maybe that has changed over the years.

But definitely take time to learn Spanish if you don't speak the language. If you don't have time to take a class, at least do Rosetta Stone or Pimsleur Spanish. And just make flash cards and go room by room until you know all the words of everything in the room. Learn 10-20 words a day if you can and you'd be surprised how much you will learn at the end of the year.

Back