Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Beware Expats and Foreigners you will be DEPORTED if you participate In Protests

Larry

Just a warning to all foreigners and expats. Bullrich has openly stated if you are a foreigner and you participate in the protests you will be reported to Immigration Services. And you can bet your sweet ass you will not be allowed to enter Argentina for 4 years.

Bullrich has affirmed that a registry of social organizations that “instigate” protests will be created and that she will “send the bill” for “the expenses” of repression to those responsible. “The state is not going to pay for the use of the security forces. The organizations with legal status or the individuals will have to pay,” said the minister, who also announced that foreigners residing in the country with a temporary permit who participate in the protests will be reported to the Immigration Services.

I'd think you'd have to be a fool to be an expat and blocking roads. Hopefully they stay on the sidewalk. Ha. It will be interesting to see if the protesters listen and don't block the roads. I don't have any pity for anyone that gets arrested if they are blocking the roads. Although I support their right to protest if it's peacefully and not disrupting everyday life for others.

I don't know per se if they will deport you. But if you're blocking the road and get arrested it sounds like at the very least you're going to get reported to immigration and they will note it on your passport and probably will have future problems.

Back