Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentine senators give themselves a HUGE raise! Make 6x average salary or private sector employee

Some argue that if politicians don't make more they will fall into corruption and being "bought". I laugh and tell my friends that this won't stop them either! They are all crooked and thieves.

Some argue that if politicians don't make more they will fall into corruption and being "bought". I laugh and tell my friends that this won't stop them either! They are all crooked and thieves.
Exactly. This was an extreme increase. How can they argue that private sector employees shouldn't also get large increases. Companies can't afford to pay their employees these kinds of prices. Consumer spending will halt. My worry is that many businesses will shut down under all the increases in price and they can't raise their prices to these levels. Can't see things playing out well for many businesses.

Exactly. This was an extreme increase. How can they argue that private sector employees shouldn't also get large increases. Companies can't afford to pay their employees these kinds of prices. Consumer spending will halt. My worry is that many businesses will shut down under all the increases in price and they can't raise their prices to these levels. Can't see things playing out well for many businesses.
Correct! Many businesses will go bankrupt or shut down next year.

They even earn more than President Milei. It looks like a joke :confused:

Back