Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Anyone Interested in Starting a Business Venture

NickHja

Hello,

I'm a young American male currently residing in Buenos Aires for the past four months. I made the decision to leave my Investment Banking job and explore new opportunities here. I am eager to establish an online business that allows me to stay in Argentina or continue traveling while generating income. I'm reaching out to see if anyone is interested in collaborating on a venture, networking, or exploring potential business ideas together. I have a few concepts for websites but prefer not to share them openly here. If you're interested, please let me know. I reside in Palermo.

My best advice to you is try to keep the company based OUTSIDE of Argentina. And definitely don't hire any employees here. Argentina could very well be one of the most difficult countries to do business in and the worst places to have employees in.

Good luck.

I also engage in online work, primarily through VOIP phone communication connecting here and Australia. The business is driven by a website based in my home country, along with traditional advertising and marketing efforts. I subcontract with the company in my home country, and while it provides a decent basic income for my stay here, I'm open to exploring other opportunities. However, today might not be the ideal day for discussing anything that demands serious thought—the hangover is getting the best of me! :)

Back