Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate Sales Another micro-neighborhood of Buenos Aires' Palermo - Palermo Freud

Yes BA has the most therapists in the world. All stay very busy. It funny but my therapist live in Palermo Freud! Very good area so you do good @FuturoBA. Close by Alto Palermo is a very nice area and great public transportation. All the things are closeby. Congratulations.
If it is a good area for living I am assuming that it would be a great area for renting during my stay too. Is there any way to distinguish on Airbnb this area of Palermo Freud?

If it is a good area for living I am assuming that it would be a great area for renting during my stay too. Is there any way to distinguish on Airbnb this area of Palermo Freud?
Unlikely. Try searching Palermo Alto nearby which is more well known but even then airbnb doesn't give exact locations until after you book.
Yes FuturoBA makes a good suggestion to try searching for Alto Palermo Shopping and then going to the map view and you can see the surrounding area by properties available for your dates. Some of these newer neighborhoods in Palermo will take time to get more popular but then they will probably show up in the search bar on Airbnb eventually but a good feature is the Maps View and of course I always recommend filtering by SuperHosts for a great experience.

Great call on Soho. Just read that old article. Hindsight is 20/20. I saw that properties back then in Puerto Madero were only $2,200 to $3,000 m2. Now some people are paying $6,000 m2 for them. I don't get that. How are people justifying that properties there are worth so much more than other areas? Some of my wife's friends are buying in new developments that won't be done for many years and they are paying insane prices. It's a head-scratcher to me.
Many people claim that people buying in Puerto Madero and paying those prices are just laundering money. I don't know if that is true or not but no way in hell I would pay double to get an apartment vs. Palermo or Recoleta.

When I was shopping a few months ago I had seen some apartments going for less than 100k(or right around) with a cochera/garage. Amazing that that would be almost half the cost now. I forget exactly where but definitely in Palermo.
Wow let me know if you know of any deals like that now @FuturoBA . My biggest issue is that I really must have a 2 bedroom apartment as I need the extra space. What I noticed is a big price difference between one bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments. It jumps up significantly. I am still trying to wrap my head around no mortgages. I have bought a few properties but always with a mortgage.

This one popped up in my feed for 111k in PH, new, 38m2 total, monoambiente w a cochera.

That's a great deal with the garage space but not sure if it is included as it says optional. I saw some descriptions that marketed a cochera in the listing but then when I asked they said it was extra. I saw this listing but it is too small for me. When I spoke to BuySellBA during my initial consultation they also told me that there are a ton of listings on Airbnb for studio or small one bedroom. They said that was the vast majority of the listings so they said there is a lot of competition at that end. I am trying to go bigger. I wish I could afford a 2 bedroom property but I can't get my parents to agree helping to finance that much.

But that property seems like a great and affordable option. Something like this in Miami or NYC would cost a fortune!

That's a great deal with the garage space but not sure if it is included as it says optional. I saw some descriptions that marketed a cochera in the listing but then when I asked they said it was extra.
You may be right. That probably makes sense esp w new builds, I had no desire for a garage.
That place looks like the size of a coffin.
Makes it easier to clean :) but different strokes for different folks

A decent area. You have to be aware of the potential noise from Juan B. Justo and the train tracks as noise can echo in that area. Not prime Palermo Hollywood but the entire area continues to gentrify.

That's a great deal with the garage space but not sure if it is included as it says optional. I saw some descriptions that marketed a cochera in the listing but then when I asked they said it was extra. I saw this listing but it is too small for me. When I spoke to BuySellBA during my initial consultation they also told me that there are a ton of listings on Airbnb for studio or small one bedroom. They said that was the vast majority of the listings so they said there is a lot of competition at that end. I am trying to go bigger. I wish I could afford a 2 bedroom property but I can't get my parents to agree helping to finance that much.

But that property seems like a great and affordable option. Something like this in Miami or NYC would cost a fortune!
Price per sq. meter is in line with what they are asking in that area. If a garage space was included that would be a great deal. Garage spaces in the area are getting pricey. @Digital Nomad is correct sometimes they will put in the listing it's included but then tell you it's optional. Lots of bait and switches on Zonaprop. The vast majority of Airbnb are studios or small 1 bedroom units so competition is high at those smaller sizes.

You have to understand most locals can't afford bigger places so all they can afford are studio units. So many developers over the past few years mostly only built smaller units that are fairly smaller. Then these locals furnish them fairly cheaply and then list them on Airbnb so there is a TON of competition on smaller places and especially studio units.

Bigger units have far less competition so ROI is usually higher on them as occupancy is better and prices are higher.

Makes it easier to clean :) but different strokes for different folks
True! I joke with my wife that it would be much easier if we had a smaller place. Different people need different sizes. Some of us have kids and need more space.

The good thing here is maids are very affordable so many of us have maids that come daily and mostly cleaning over the same things they do each day. This is heading up but it is still very affordable here. My folks and my sister in NYC pay a fortune to have someone come once per week!

Here is yet another article in the Buenos Aires newspapers talking about Palermo Freud. Our company always likes to stay ahead of the curve. We predicted last year in August 2023 that this was the next up-and-coming area. We spotted this trend earlier many years ago when we knew that Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood would be up-and-coming areas. We believe Palermo Freud is even better located and in the future real estate prices in this area should be some of the highest in Palermo.

We like this quote from Germán Gómez Picasso, director of Reporte Inmobiliario, who is the best source of real estate information in Buenos Aires. “ All the numbers indicate that those who bought six months ago made the best purchase in the universe,” says Gómez Picasso. This is exactly why @BuySellBA started heavily recommending for our investors to start investing in Buenos Aires again. We forecasted the bottom and we predicted that prices would head up. That is exactly what happened.

I pay my maid 3,000 pesos per hour. I was paying her 2,000 last year but decided to bump it up as the cost of everything has gone up for her. It is actually not that easy to find a dependable maid here.
Wow that is very affordable! Are maids easy to find if I get a long-term apartment? I asked the Airbnb owner and they said "maybe" theirs "might" be available but she was very busy cleaning the owner's home.

Here is yet another article in the Buenos Aires newspapers talking about Palermo Freud. Our company always likes to stay ahead of the curve. We predicted last year in August 2023 that this was the next up-and-coming area. We spotted this trend earlier many years ago when we knew that Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood would be up-and-coming areas. We believe Palermo Freud is even better located and in the future real estate prices in this area should be some of the highest in Palermo.

We like this quote from Germán Gómez Picasso, director of Reporte Inmobiliario, who is the best source of real estate information in Buenos Aires. “ All the numbers indicate that those who bought six months ago made the best purchase in the universe,” says Gómez Picasso. This is exactly why @BuySellBA started heavily recommending for our investors to start investing in Buenos Aires again. We forecasted the bottom and we predicted that prices would head up. That is exactly what happened.

Thanks for the article. The Palais Salguero, that's my building, and right across from Plazoleta Guemes. I figured they won't be building towers there anytime soon to obstruct the views.

For anyone interested there's a micro-studio available

Thanks for the article. The Palais Salguero, that's my building, and right across from Plazoleta Guemes. I figured they won't be building towers there anytime soon to obstruct the views.

For anyone interested there's a micro-studio available
You did really great buying in this building @FuturoBA. Congrats. That is a wonderful area. That entire area is going to be very desirable in the next few years. I think from Scalabrini Ortiz-Santa Fe-Gallo-Gorriti is all going to explode with growth.

It's a super convenient area. Rentals in that area should be super desirable and as the area improves, you will see higher end restaurants, cafes, etc. moving to that area. As well it's super convenient as it's located to public transportation and lots of shopping.

You did good!

Back