Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate Sales Another micro-neighborhood of Buenos Aires' Palermo - Palermo Freud

Yet another article in the paper that talks about real estate prices turning the other way after falling for 5 YEARS. Timing is everything when buying real estate. Our office at @BuySellBA forecasted everything that is happening now last year in August 2023 when we forecasted that we were at the bottom or a few months from hitting the bottom.

I read some of your posts on Twitter from last year @BuySellBA. Wow good call! How did you know it was the bottom?? After all, it was falling for 5 years. Remarkable. I read about this area but do you see Palermo Soho and Hollywood also continuing to go up from here?

I read some of your posts on Twitter from last year @BuySellBA. Wow good call! How did you know it was the bottom?? After all, it was falling for 5 years. Remarkable. I read about this area but do you see Palermo Soho and Hollywood also continuing to go up from here?
Thanks @Surfer! We sold most of our real estate portfolio in 2018 and 2019 at the top of the market. We watched it steadily go down for almost 5 years and were waiting on the sidelines for when we believed that prices hit bottom. Most times it is impossible to get the absolute tops and the absolute bottoms but we looked at the prices of land and also the cost to build and we concluded that it was at the bottom or a month or two from the bottom. We did the same thing entering the USA real estate market in 2010 and 2011 at the bottom and exited out of the USA real estate market earlier this year.

We also forecasted that Javier Milei would easily win the election which is what happened. Under a Milei Presidency, we calculated that interest in Argentina would increase and foreign investments would increase. There are still many issues to solve with Argentina and the inflation has been painful for the locals, but it appears to be slowing down and hopefully by this time next year things will be much more stable.

Buenos Aires is one of the truly great world capital cities around the world. It will always be a desirable city. That should continue to be the case heading into the future. If the economy finally turns, real estate prices should skyrocket here.

Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood should also continue to experience great capital appreciation. All of Palermo is a very desirable area and property prices should perform well over during President Milei's term in office and most likely beyond.

Thanks @Surfer! We sold most of our real estate portfolio in 2018 and 2019 at the top of the market. We watched it steadily go down for almost 5 years and were waiting on the sidelines for when we believed that prices hit bottom. Most times it is impossible to get the absolute tops and the absolute bottoms but we looked at the prices of land and also the cost to build and we concluded that it was at the bottom or a month or two from the bottom. We did the same thing entering the USA real estate market in 2010 and 2011 at the bottom and exited out of the USA real estate market earlier this year.

We also forecasted that Javier Milei would easily win the election which is what happened. Under a Milei Presidency, we calculated that interest in Argentina would increase and foreign investments would increase. There are still many issues to solve with Argentina and the inflation has been painful for the locals, but it appears to be slowing down and hopefully by this time next year things will be much more stable.

Buenos Aires is one of the truly great world capital cities around the world. It will always be a desirable city. That should continue to be the case heading into the future. If the economy finally turns, real estate prices should skyrocket here.

Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood should also continue to experience great capital appreciation. All of Palermo is a very desirable area and property prices should perform well over during President Milei's term in office and most likely beyond.
I agree about Buenos Aires being a great city. I still cant get over how little the salaries are but how all the purchases are cash. That actually gives me some comfort that things arent over priced because it is not like the US where people get overleveraged and go bankrupt here. You ain't buying unless you have all the cash.

Good call on buying in US in 2010. That was when I bought and just sold my condo.

Yes BA has the most therapists in the world. All stay very busy. It funny but my therapist live in Palermo Freud! Very good area so you do good @FuturoBA. Close by Alto Palermo is a very nice area and great public transportation. All the things are closeby. Congratulations.
I just saw this online. I thought this was a new distinction but the Villa Freud has been for a while now. Found this old 10 year old article.

The area around Plaza Guemes is nicknamed “Villa Freud” because of the concentration of psychologists’ offices there. Frankenberg says it makes sense for many professionals to have offices there because it’s “very safe and beautiful and commercial,” with easy access.

I just saw this online. I thought this was a new distinction but the Villa Freud has been for a while now. Found this old 10 year old article.

The area around Plaza Guemes is nicknamed “Villa Freud” because of the concentration of psychologists’ offices there. Frankenberg says it makes sense for many professionals to have offices there because it’s “very safe and beautiful and commercial,” with easy access.

Yes it called Villa Freud long time. Many therapist in that area.

Would this be a good area to raise a 3 year old and also a new born baby? Someone else told me Belgrano would also be nice. We don't want too touristy of an area but something that is very convenient to the city and parks.

Back