Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

PatrickPt

Anyone know of a good,reasonable priced,english speaker who can run over a few things.Nothing complicated,haha,just a visit to afip required.Preferably in
down town as I am not in BA at the mo.cheers.

thanks for the reply.Maybe could have a chat with her and see if she can be of
assistance.You could pm me with an email?.suerte
ps.I did meet an "accountant" in BA but doesn't fill me with confidence!

thanks for the info,I mailed yer missus.waiting for a reply.cheers

Just make sure that you talk to one that specializes with non resident tax issues. The laws for non-residents are MUCH different vs. local tax issues. Most locals don't know anything or have any experience with getting a permit for a foreigner to sell so keep that in mind.

Just make sure that you talk to one that specializes with non resident tax issues. The laws for non-residents are MUCH different vs. local tax issues. Most locals don't know anything or have any experience with getting a permit for a foreigner to sell so keep that in mind.
,thanks for the advice.I have DNI and permanent residence but sometimes that makes
things a little bit more confusing...hehe...niether one thing or the other.
Do you know how much cash one can take out of the country in person?Things are not
clear and I don't like the idea of going to the stasi at afip....cheers

That's great newsmrporoto that you have your DNI. That will save you tons of time and you don't need to get any permits to sell your property if you have your DNI and permanent residency.

As far as calling AFIP I would NOT advise doing that as most of the people there have NO clue. There are over 25 AFIP offices around the city and you can call different offices and get different answers.

You shouldn't have a problem bringing cash out of the country as long as it's legal and can be justified. If you sold your property just be prepared and bring a certified copy of the Escritura so you can prove where you got the cash.

The one thing you need to be careful is if the title deed says you got paid US dollars. You want to make sure that it says you were paid in cash with US dollars. If it says anything about pesos and you converted then you could have a problem if you exchanged on the black market.

But as long as the funds are justified, you shouldn't have any problems besides the risk of getting robbed on the way to the airport which I think the odds are slim to none.

You can probably take the added step of having an Escribano that handled the sales transaction make a letter for you notarized that says these $X that you are carrying are from the sale of X property, etc.

I've carried over $10,000 out of the Argentina before with documentation if I was stopped to show them but they never stopped me so I never knew how it would turn out.

The biggest problem is no one really knows what the laws. People kind of do their own thing but if you have all the documentation then you should be ok. And also remember when you enter whatever country you are going to, to also fill out the customs declaration form showing that you are bringing in more than $10,000 (if you are bringing in more).

The most I've carried around in cash on flights was around $100,000 but I didn't have any problems and I did declare it. But keep in mind shortly after that, I got audited by the IRS (I'm American) so I'm sure all of these things are all connected and they all share this information.

So you have to assume that risk if you're carrying large amounts in cash. Mine was due to a sale of property so I could easily justify it with the title deed. But it can still cause other problems that you wouldn't think about like getting audited or getting on some list that you might not want to be on. So think about that option as well.

Most government entities see that much CASH and they figure you are up to no good. Most countries don't understand how ass backwards Argentina is with dealing with cash.

Back