Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

La Brigada

GlasgowJohn

I haven't been in La Brigada for about a year.

The arrival of two Spanish friends and 5 Mexican associates allowed me to pick the restaurant for lunch on Saturday.

For eight of us, the bill came to 260 thousand pesos.

A few beers and drinks to start with, a few starters for the middle of the table, and a main course for each of us

A couple of bottles of a decent Malbec Reserva were also consumed.

The verdict was positive and La Brigada continues to be good value.

The quality of all meats we had was very good.

Prices to follow.

The most important section of the menu at La Brigada
Thank you for posting the prices of the menu. I just assumed prices there would have skyrocketed like in Palermo but that is quite reasonable. Ojo de bife for 21,000 pesos is very good. Asado de Tira for 15,600 is good value for the quality this place has. That place has withstood the test of time. Been around for a long time. Glad to hear it is still great value. I will head there this week based on your post. Thank you for sharing.

I haven't been in La Brigada for about a year.

The arrival of two Spanish friends and 5 Mexican associates allowed me to pick the restaurant for lunch on Saturday.

For eight of us, the bill came to 260 thousand pesos.

A few beers and drinks to start with, a few starters for the middle of the table, and a main course for each of us

A couple of bottles of a decent Malbec Reserva were also consumed.

The verdict was positive and La Brigada continues to be good value.

The quality of all meats we had was very good.

Prices to follow.
I am amazed with the great values on high quality wine here. Back home you might spend what you spent just on a few bottles of good wine. The mark up of alcohol prices is crazy in USA. I have not been here but will add it to my list.

This has always been a good place with good prices. I have not gone in many years but I am happy to read your review. That is good value for the money.

It is remarkable to me the difference between prices between steaks. I just saw a post about $100 USD steaks at Don Julio while this looks very reasonable. Two totally different neighborhoods but still. Seems silly to pay $100 for beef in BA.

This is a very touristy restaurant. Went here and it was all tourists.
Yes I always found it very touristy. The times I have went there were many tourists in it. Still prices more reasonable than the Soho places.

Back