Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer How much time is needed to clear immigration and customs at EZE airport when arriving?

Wally

I'm curious if anyone has recent experience with the current customs clearance timelines at EZE. I researched online and it sounds like times are all across the board. I'm just wanting to get a sense from you that might go in and out of EZE airport frequently.

I'll be arriving around 8AM during the second week of December and am contemplating booking a Tienda Leon transfer into the city. However, if customs clearance takes around 3 hours, I'm concerned about missing my bus, especially since I was considering booking a transfer 1:30 hours after landing. Should I opt to purchase a ticket at the airport, or is it advisable to book online for a smoother process?

I'm curious if anyone has recent experience with the current customs clearance timelines at EZE. I researched online and it sounds like times are all across the board. I'm just wanting to get a sense from you that might go in and out of EZE airport frequently.

I'll be arriving around 8AM during the second week of December and am contemplating booking a Tienda Leon transfer into the city. However, if customs clearance takes around 3 hours, I'm concerned about missing my bus, especially since I was considering booking a transfer 1:30 hours after landing. Should I opt to purchase a ticket at the airport, or is it advisable to book online for a smoother process?
The waiting time really can depend on a LOT Of different factors. I've been in and out of EZE probably more times than anyone. And many times it just depends on how many flights are arriving right at that moment. There are several flights that arrive around the same time. If you're unlucky and you arrive right with 2 other big planes you can get 1,000+ people in line.

Also, sometimes there are more or less customs agents. I've arrived at 3 AM before and I thought I'd breeze by and it was the slowest with only a few customs officials working or coming off their break. I wouldn't book anything ahead of time that you are dependent on a specific time. Just wait until you're past customs and in the arrivals area and then proceed to Tienda Leon or there are many other companies. There is never that long of a wait time so don't over stress it.

I don't think 90 minutes is enough to depend on making some pre-determined time. I wouldn't book anything ahead. It's fairly cheap to get to the city from the airport. Even in a private transportation I only paid around $22 US in a private car. I think earlyretirement's advice is correct and just book it. I spent over 2 hours in line once my plane landed and I made it through customs.

My flight arrived around this same time in late October. It only took around 30 minutes to clear immigration and immigration. I was surprised as I read that it could take a long time but our flight made it in before the couple other flights so I got lucky.

After clearing customs and arriving in the arrivals area, I bought a SUBE card at the little kiosk called 25 Horas and then I went directly to the Taxi Ezeiza where I charged the taxi to my foreign credit card. Like Canada Goose I charged it and it was about $21 US.

I arrived to my hotel in Recoleta very early. I stayed at the Los Suites Recoleta which was fabulous and we loved that area.

All the transfer companies including Tienda Leon know full well that you can't control how long it will take you to go through customs. Even if you purchase a pre-paid ticket you won't lose it. They will let you go on the next bus. But I don't see any real advantage to booking anything ahead of time vs. just walking up once you get there. The lines are never long and there are a lot of companies.

Even if you book and pay ahead of time, you still need to wait and talk to a human so I don't see any advantage to booking ahead of time.

Back