Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Government says it will take away welfare from protesters who block streets - BA Herald

Canada Goose

This sounds like a good idea. I'm all for freedom of speech but not if you block roads that disrupt society and every day life.

They are saying they can protest, just not block the roads.

“Over the next few days, picketer organisations have called for a protest,” said the minister. “We wish to specify that even though it is a right to demonstrate, so is respecting the right of people to circulate freely to get to their jobs.”

I never understood blocking the roads as a form of protest. It gets them attention but it doesn't help their cause. In no way, shape, or form, would it ever get me to side with them and if anything would rile me for the opposition.

I never understood blocking the roads as a form of protest. It gets them attention but it doesn't help their cause. In no way, shape, or form, would it ever get me to side with them and if anything would rile me for the opposition.
I completely agree. I missed my flight once going to the airport. I left 4 hours ahead of time and still missed it. Protesters were burning tires in the middle of the highway and blocking the way to EZE. Made me hate them even more.

Back