Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Furnishings

Sunny

For those of you who have bought a place in CABA or rented unfurnished, if you had to buy home goods today, where would you go (within CABA)?

I've been to Easy and did not like it at all. I understand the situation here, far from what expats from North America, Europe, and Asia are used. But I've got to get some stuff.
- Kitchen: good quality faucet with sprayer.
- Decor: side tables for the living room, a couple of large rugs (Mihran, on Coronel Díaz, was recommended by a neighbor).
- Modern floor lamps.

Also, have you been to a flee market here? There's one on Av. Dorrego. Are prices reasonable there?

I've heard that the best place to buy quality furniture is in the Belgrano area, there are ten blocks of stores with all kinds of furniture and decoration, and most of them are manufacturers.

This area only of furniture covers Belgrano Avenue between Jujuy and Entre Rios Avenues, there is a large number of stores there.

For those of you who have bought a place in CABA or rented unfurnished, if you had to buy home goods today, where would you go (within CABA)?

I've been to Easy and did not like it at all. I understand the situation here, far from what expats from North America, Europe, and Asia are used. But I've got to get some stuff.
- Kitchen: good quality faucet with sprayer.
- Decor: side tables for the living room, a couple of large rugs (Mihran, on Coronel Díaz, was recommended by a neighbor).
- Modern floor lamps.

Also, have you been to a flee market here? There's one on Av. Dorrego. Are prices reasonable there?
The items here are really lacking compared to the States.

For kitchen items go to Blaisten. They have really good quality kitchen faucets and sprayers.

Decor and lighting I just bought it in various shops in Palermo Soho. It was a while ago but there should still be several furniture stores. I'll see if I can find my old receipts for the names.

When we renovated our place we also shopped at Blaisten. We bought all our kitchen and bathroom appliances there and also selected counter tops and they have a wide assortment of flooring options too. We bought most of our furniture in Belgrano where @legend mentioned. There are many lighting stores around Soho that we bought some lighting.

The items here are really lacking compared to the States.

For kitchen items go to Blaisten. They have really good quality kitchen faucets and sprayers.

Decor and lighting I just bought it in various shops in Palermo Soho. It was a while ago but there should still be several furniture stores. I'll see if I can find my old receipts for the names.
Thank you, Betsy, much appreciated.

Thank you, Betsy, much appreciated.
De nada. When I bought furniture I also connected with an interior designer that arranged to make a lot of furniture. She moved to Spain but I will see if I can find her contact information. I haven't spoken to her in years. The stores don't have much in stock and they make it as you order. The best thing is to get connected to someone that makes furniture. They can then make what you want and use the color fabric you want too. I will see if I can find a contact.

Easy only has very cheap, inferior-quality items. Avoid! I got my lighting many years ago at Fabrica de Luz in Palermo Soho. They have good quality items.

No, they don't have anything in stock. Typically you order and pay deposit and then they start making it. Another world here.
We found some of the furniture we were looking for, really nice, made in Argentina, excellent quality and... expensive, of course, but truly worth it. They gave us a 15% discount but it will take 35 days and we have to pay 70% upfront. The sales lady chuckled at our reaction and explained that that's because the situation is starting to look better now. Last year they were asking 100% upfront.

Same thing about a TV stand we are buying from a place that makes furniture. They asked us 60% upfront, they'll deliver in three weeks, also a cash deal, in this case we got 25% discount.

We found some of the furniture we were looking for, really nice, made in Argentina, excellent quality and... expensive, of course, but truly worth it. They gave us a 15% discount but it will take 35 days and we have to pay 70% upfront. The sales lady chuckled at our reaction and explained that that's because the situation is starting to look better now. Last year they were asking 100% upfront.

Same thing about a TV stand we are buying from a place that makes furniture. They asked us 60% upfront, they'll deliver in three weeks, also a cash deal, in this case we got 25% discount.
I never ever pay 100% up front. I don't even like paying more than 50% but some places do ask for more but you can make up the % paying cash. Let us know how it turns out @Sunny.

Back