Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Cristina Kirchner cited Los Redondos to respond to Javier Milei: “Calm down president” - Infobae

All the Answers

Cristina Kirchner cited Los Redondos to respond to Javier Milei: “Calm down president” - Infobae​

1710168700881.png

Source:

March 10, 2024

The former vice president once again targeted the president, but avoided making reference to his retirement. “What was she doing at that time threatening online?” the former senator asked the libertarian leader.

1710168727981.png

Javier Milei had blamed Cristina Kirchner for the salary increase he granted to himself and his cabinet through a decree. "I'd better not even tell you who it reminds me of, blaming a woman," the former president said ironically.

The strong confrontation between the former vice president, Cristina Kirchner, and the current Argentine president, Javier Milei , continued this Sunday. Initially, the former senator responded harshly to the head of state, after having reversed a 48% salary increase for himself and his cabinet that he implemented during the month of February. The thing is that, upon recanting, the president disassociated himself from what happened and argued that this update derived from an automatic measure that CFK had defined in 2010. Given this, the president targeted the former president for the amount of her current retirement ( "What do you think if I annul the 14 million that you collect from retirement privileges?" was Milei's post), a comment that the leader of Kirchnerism considered a "threat" and for which she asked the President to He calmed down, but did not answer the question.

The crossover between both politicians on networks began with CFK's response when Milei blamed her for the increase in civil servants' salaries.

It made you braver, President ,” questioned the former head of state in a message published on the social network blame me for a decree I signed 14 years ago? I better not even tell you who it reminds me of, blaming a woman . You cannot get more chaste and less original .”

1710168754569.png

CFK's post in response to President Javier Milei's message

With some sarcasm and in a double criticism, CFK compared - without explicitly mentioning it - Milei with Alberto Fernández when the scandal broke out over the birthday party that Fabiola Yáñez had at the Quinta de Olivos within the framework of the COVID quarantine. 19. A tacit and striking allusion on the part of CFK considering that it is a president who was anointed by her. After that scandal broke out, Alberto Fernández apologized and tried to make excuses for what happened. “ My dear Fabiola called for a toast that should not have been made ”, He said at that time.

Milei did not remain silent and added: “Madam, to talk about courage you first have to name the people you criticize and then unblock me on Twitter. Furthermore, you could also start by once taking charge of the fact that you are directly responsible for the 2019-2023 administration, that is, for the worst government in Argentine history, having appointed President Alberto Fernández and accompanying him in the vice presidency during the four years achieving such bad results for all Argentines that he could not even run for re-election.

1710168770505.png
Tweet to Miley

“Oh President... you want to fight with me so that we don't talk about the decree you signed giving a 48% increase to you and your officials while destroying the pensions and salaries of Argentinians... and Argentine women too. Admit that you signed, got paid and got caught . Look, here I reproduce the two decrees that he signed with his friend and Minister of Social Development and her Chief of Staff, because... I want to think that you read what you sign, right? In the January one you did not expressly include the authorities, and in the February one you and your officials were included. As you will see, the decree that I signed 14 years ago has nothing to do with it. Best regards to you and your cabinet,” replied Fernández de Kirchner.

1710169056968.png

Hours later, the president redoubled the bet by warning the former president of the Senate that he could annul the retirement she receives. “I have just canceled the salary increases of the entire national cabinet,” said the president, and then pointed out: “Since I saw you so worried about retirements, what do you think if I cancel the $14,000,000 that you receive in retirement? of privilege and assign him a minimum pension?” For the moment, the Peronist leader did not offer a response.

1710169094808.png

The message that the president sent to Fernández de Kirchner, after having experienced a crossroads on social networks (X: @JMilei)
Far from getting off the virtual dispute, Cristina Kirchner asked the president to “calm down,” questioned the time in which he responded and cited a song by the group Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota. Good morning President. This morning I was able to read the post he dedicated to me... At 0:30 in the morning! What was the president doing at that hour , threatening over networks ? She reminded me of a song by Los Redondos: 'Alien Duce, the little big bully of the Internet.'”

And he asked him: “ Calm down President, in that place that you have the honor of occupying today, you must have temperance and above all be calm and rest at the usual times that people do. Believe me, the task of governing Argentina is very hard. And the last thing we need today is a president threatening over the internet.”

1710169138833.png

Cristina Kirchner's response to Javier Milei's post in the early morning

On February 29, the Government decreed a salary increase for all hierarchical personnel of the national public administration, including the position of president, vice president, ministers, secretaries and undersecretaries. The decision became public due to a complaint from the Unión por la Patria deputy, Victoria Tolosa Paz , in the midst of the controversy over the allowances of members of Congress .

In a similar way to what the head of the Chamber of Deputies, Martín Menem , did for the increases in allowances in Congress, Milei argued that the increase was “ automatic ” and that he was unaware of it, despite the fact that the decree that The authorization carried his signature, that of his Chief of Staff, Nicolás Posse , and the Minister of Human Capital, Sandra Pettovello .

To exemplify the magnitude of the increase, the former Minister of Social Development shared a table with the salaries of the main ranks. There she pointed out that the President of the Nation collected $4,068,738 in January and in February he started to collect $6,025,801. Meanwhile, an undersecretary of State went from $2,981,513 to $4,418,575.

"I have just been informed that as a result of a decree signed by former president Cristina Kirchner in 2010, which established that political officials should always earn more than public administration employees, an automatic increase was granted to the political staff of this government,” Milei justified in his X account.

“Every day that passes we find a new rule that favored politicians and harmed Argentines. With us, the losers are going to be the politicians. Obviously we are going to repeal that decree and roll back any increase that the political plant has perceived ,” he added in his post. And he closed: “In a time of crisis like the current one in which Argentine society is making a heroic effort, politicians have to be the first to lend a helping hand. The political joke is over.”

1710169209083.png

The message from the national representative of Unión por la Patria, Victoria Tolosa Paz
This is the second controversy that broke out this week over increases in the salaries of political officials, in the context of the adjustment measures promoted by the Government. After learning about the increases for Congressional legislators, Martín Menem announced that by order of Milei he would send a bill to nullify the 30% increase in the allowances of senators and deputies.

Menem tried to distance himself from the measure that he himself signed. He said that the increase in allowances was granted automatically due to resolution 0013/11 signed by the former president of the Senate Amado Boudou and the former president of the Chamber of Deputies Julián Domínguez in 2011. But the news generated a strong unrest in the Government and efforts were made to minimize the negative impact on public opinion .

With this controversy still raging, nine days after having signed his own salary increase, criticism is now splashing against President Javier Milei himself and the plenary session of the Casa Rosada.

When consulted by Infobae , a Government source explained that in January the agreed increase in joint shares was not granted to hierarchical positions. On the other hand, the decree of Cristina Kirchner's government, DNU 799/2010, “ basically requires that there be a percentage difference between the salary of a Director and an Undersecretary , between an Undersecretary and a Secretary, and so on. This was a mechanism so that those with political positions always had to earn more than the rest of the employees of the National Public Administration (APN).”

From the Casa Rosada they assure that when the February salary guideline (12%) was approved for the entire APN, decree 799 triggers percentage increases beyond the salary guideline "to maintain that distance."

Attachments

• 1710168667370.png
    1710168667370.png
    602.3 KB · Views: 0