Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics China suspends US$6.5 billion currency swap agreement with Argentina, reports say

Larry

President Milei is being ignorant. There are millions of people suffering in his country and he is trying to fight with China. What an ignorant guy! It shows how out of touch he is with the people of his country. There are many poor people without food suffering. China is our #1 trading partner and we need them more than they need us. Just mistake after mistake from this turkey.

President Milei is being ignorant. There are millions of people suffering in his country and he is trying to fight with China. What an ignorant guy! It shows how out of touch he is with the people of his country. There are many poor people without food suffering. China is our #1 trading partner and we need them more than they need us. Just mistake after mistake from this turkey.

This probably didn't help the cause out at all.

This probably didn't help the cause out at all.

Milei is just a shill for Macri and his cronies When Macri first started his first term he set up to pay all the funds they were asking for. They even stuck it to him for their legal fees and he paid!

Milei's first stop was the USA to bow down to the "powers that be". He signaled where his loyalties are. And who is "boss" is. Javiar Milei is their little boss baby. They will control him.

I just don't understand what Milei is doing. He isn't Trump and most in Argentina don't care anything about China. They just want out of this economic mess. I read this and hope this veteran diplomat can help.

Milei is just a shill for Macri and his cronies When Macri first started his first term he set up to pay all the funds they were asking for. They even stuck it to him for their legal fees and he paid!

Milei's first stop was the USA to bow down to the "powers that be". He signaled where his loyalties are. And who is "boss" is. Javiar Milei is their little boss baby. They will control him.
I agree with you @Avocado!

It is important to comprehend that Milei functions as a mere figurehead, a surrogate carrying out the bidding of others.

So, back when Macri was just starting out, Macri's first move as president was handing over everything the vulture funds wanted. Like, no negotiating, just giving them what they asked for. And get this – he even paid their legal fees for this crazy illegal thing they tried to pull with that Navy ship. That was literally his first move, showing where his loyalties are, or at least who he's working for.

Now, fast forward to this year. Before Milei even officially became president, he jetted off to the USA to cozy up to his big shots. It's a total giveaway about whose team he's on.

Remember what Hipólito Yrigoyen said a century ago. "I do not fear those outside who wish to buy us, as much as those inside who wish to sell us." And guess what? Nothing's changed since then. The world's different now, but this one thing is still spot-on.

Milei's deal is to keep Argentina out of the BRICS crew, break ties with China, hand over all our big state-owned businesses for a so-called "privatization" that's a total rip-off, and just mess up Argentina in general. Otra vez!

I agree with you @Avocado!

It is important to comprehend that Milei functions as a mere figurehead, a surrogate carrying out the bidding of others.

So, back when Macri was just starting out, Macri's first move as president was handing over everything the vulture funds wanted. Like, no negotiating, just giving them what they asked for. And get this – he even paid their legal fees for this crazy illegal thing they tried to pull with that Navy ship. That was literally his first move, showing where his loyalties are, or at least who he's working for.

Now, fast forward to this year. Before Milei even officially became president, he jetted off to the USA to cozy up to his big shots. It's a total giveaway about whose team he's on.

Remember what Hipólito Yrigoyen said a century ago. "I do not fear those outside who wish to buy us, as much as those inside who wish to sell us." And guess what? Nothing's changed since then. The world's different now, but this one thing is still spot-on.

Milei's deal is to keep Argentina out of the BRICS crew, break ties with China, hand over all our big state-owned businesses for a so-called "privatization" that's a total rip-off, and just mess up Argentina in general. Otra vez!
Didn't Argentina have a higher GDP than France and Germany and one of the largest and strongest economies in the world that kind of went kaput in the 100 years after this quote?? LOL!

To most people that have common sense you should be able to see that Milei is the first President Argentina has ever had that truly loves his country and wants to set it up for future success. YES, it's going to get more difficult in the short-term but this change although painful is necessary. Later in the future they will be teaching this in every history book. He will make history.

Milei keeps saying there is no money. In every speech, he says how Argentina is broke. He will make sure there is no money for people to pay their subte and bus tickets to get to work. How desperate families will have no money to pay their utility bills. How there will be no money to pay for healthcare premiums.

However he left out the part where there is plenty of money to buy fighter jets.

Milei = Clown.

People forget that Argentines are some of the wealthiest people in the world. Almost all of my Argentine friends have more money than my friends from Europe and from the USA. Argentines all own their properties with no mortgage. The government estimates that Argentines have more than $425 BILLION dollars offshore outside of Argentina.

The rich just keep getting richer with Macri/Milei and the poor keep getting poorer and the middle class are going to get taxed to death with Macri/Milei (they are the same person). Milei is going to cause a lot of issues with society and the economy. I don't pretend that things would be good with Massa but they are worse with Milei.

Back